Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Where to go?

So many things have gone on in the last year, I can barely wrap my head around it.  Which is really why I haven't been blogging.  My husband wants me to start switching over to another blog format soon and I will be doing that, but for now I will probably be posting here and there.

We rolled out a new company last year, around 9 months ago.  Bail bonds has become a business that no longer has stability and my "colleagues" are not necessarily people I want to be associated with.  That's not to say all of them are horrible people.  They are most definitely not horrible people, but like they say, a few bad apples can spoil the pie.  It seems like some of the "new guys" are trying to stretch the professionalism of the bail bond business into something that can loosely be defined.  We had planned a few years ago to make a change, but we wanted to make a slow change.  I feel like it has been crawling and I am so ready to be out of it.

Where to now? Well, we really wanted to use out brains so we decided private investigation would be an avenue we could explore.  So far it's been an interesting road.  Last month we closed a missing heir case.  I'll try to write a blog on it once the case as been closed in court. Let's just say that it really took us on an archival exploration that jumpstarted my background in research.  Now I am tracing my family tree and it's turning out to be a story worth telling.  Again, I'll focus on a blog later about that too.  I will give you a little hint- my grandmother is probably going to haunt me for digging up some of this dirt and I may just have to take a trip to Patrick County, VA.  Aaron looked up the area on Google Earth and immediately started coming up with ideas around going to the county.  Saying, "That just looks like it's at the top of a mountain ridge. do we really have to go there?"  I told him that I could probably find someone to hunt dusty court records, but I would have much more fun doing it myself.  I'll keep you posted.

Well, my feet are cold and I need to get another cup of coffee.  I know I've promised this before, but I will be better about posting.  I'm kind of gonna have to be.  If I want to kickstart the genealogy division of [truth] investigations, I'm going to have keep you interested, right?

No comments: